I will be sharing how new business owners can use social media with confidence. I will share with you the exact steps that I am using in my business, plus I will tell you who should get started and how to get started next.
First, let’s tackle this in its proper light.
- “Should and ought” vs. “could”
- You don’t have to do social media at all if you don’t want.
- Thousands of businesses survived just fine without social media for millennia.
Next, let’s tackle what I am seeing from people out there. You can capture it in one word — frustration.
- The only people liking my stuff are people that I already know.
- My number of followers is not growing.
- My posts are not reaching people.
Next, let’s set some proper expectations.
- Consider social media as an “extra” thing that you do, not the “main thing” that you do to get clients.
- This is only a part of your lead generation activity. It is not the answer to your lead generation activity.
- At the beginning of your business, this is not the silver bullet to your marketing.
The Bottom Line
- If technology is not your thing. Don’t do social media.
- If the prospect of posting things once a week feels like a drag, this is not for you.
- If you like producing content. This could be great for you.
- If you have a brick and mortar business. This could be for you.
- If your product/service is easily captured in a photo, this could be for you.